Expressions of Interest - Casual Cleaners
Gin Gin State High School is calling for Expressions of Interest for relief casual cleaners.
Hours of Duty
Cleaners work a split shift: 6am to 9am and 2.45pm to 5.45pm each day. There may be the possibility of mid-day shifts between 10.30am and 1.30pm.
The casual salary rate is $30.62 per hour.
Casual cleaners will be required to hold or obtain a Working with Children Blue Card. New applications require payment of $93.95. You will also be required to undertake Mandatory Training and a Criminal History Check.
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- Resume - detailing your working or volunteering experience and 2 Referees in relation to this role.
- Do you already hold a Blue Card? If so please provide a copy of your card.
- Days and times you are available.
Please email your EOI to the Business Manager, Karen Lester email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Post to: Business Manager, Gin Gin State High School, 30 High School Rd, Gin Gin 4671. Please phone 41332111 if you have any questions.
As the Cleaner you will:
- Contribute to the efficient and effective operation and environment of the site by providing a high level of cleaning support.
- Ensure that the duties prescribed for the position are completed to an acceptable standard as determined by their supervisor, in accordance with the approved school cleaning program.
The Cleaner reports to the Business Manager.
As the Cleaner you will have responsibility for the following:
- Cleaning windows, pictures, doorknobs, taps, sinks, drinking fountains, lavatory basins, glassware, glass doors and cupboards.
- Cleaning and sanitising toilet facilities and sick bays.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Cobweb and mildew control, utilising extendable equipment as necessary.
- Cleaning of concrete, bitumen, asphalt and paved surfaces.
- Disposal of rubbish and litter control including removal of material from drains and gutters between and/or surrounding buildings.
- Dusting including student and office furniture, equipment and fans.
- Removal of graffiti.
- Sweeping and vacuuming.
- Vinyl/timber floor maintenance including buffing, stripping and polishing.
- Other appropriate cleaning duties as directed by the Principal/Business Manager.
- Locking and unlocking buildings.